Recently, teachers of graduate programs at prestigious educational institution came together to raise the skills demanded by the market, necessary to their work these days. Of the 35 competencies, between skills, attitudes and knowledge, set out eight (ie, about a quarter) of them concern the use of technological resources, such as social media INTERNET to stimulate the continuous education of professionals they educate. But what is the relationship of the current technological resources to continuous education?
First you need to define continuous education: This can be understood as any practice or post-secondary learning. From a business point of view, continuous education is the set of necessary efforts to work for a constant change scenario in their area.
You must also understand the need for this type of education. The PUC-RS on their website on Continuous Education, on the page where it presents this concept to the public, points out some factors causing this need of the modern professional, four of whom are: Catching up in your professional field; deepen skills and technical knowledge; differentiate into the labour market; and seek new opportunities for professional performance.
The wealth of information, case statements, tools and methodologies available in the Internet, and the number of competent and experienced people connected in social networks provide the raw material needed to upgrade the professional skills of the information era. But and the time required to filter this flood of information? And the help of the expertise of educators and health professionals in the market to indicate what is relevant, separating the wheat from the chaff? Who can answer these questions are the educators working with management education and andragogy. This tribe, usually made up of experienced professionals who are active in the academy, can contribute effectively to the further development of managers and professionals.
Blogs, websites, social media murals, cloud storage services, chats and discussion forums are appropriate tools to support continuing education, from the availability of information, methodologies and practices of central themes in which the educator has experience. The content and means for obtaining this education are:
- Specialized news on the central theme of expertise and other related topics through news aggregators which are systems that read RSS (Rich Site Summary or Really Simple Syndication: A simplified way to display the contents of a website), can keep professionals updated on what happens in the world on the subject in focus;
- Posts written periodically by the educator in a blog or a wall of social network, short (in drops), but abundant in content, can provide a basic knowledge about the professional subtheme determined the central theme;
- Annotated bibliographies with synopses of the books indicated by sub-theme of the central theme, and available in blogs, websites or social networks, should deepen what was read in the blog of the educator;
- Material selected for reading, such as digital books, scientific articles, business cases and / or Web journals columns, indicated by links on websites, blogs or social networking murals, can provide a continuous and updated post-secondary complement;
- Indicated, in person or online courses to professionals who wish to continue their studies on the theme of the expertise of the educator must create a process of Coaching;
- Educational material of the discipline that the teacher is teaching, released and stored in a cloud so that students can download, can contribute to a better professional development;
- Channel open periodic and constant between the educator and trained professionals, with chat rooms and / or discussion forums on the central theme or sub-themes of the expertise of the educator, should also provide a process of Coaching.
The web-based tools described here are cheap or free but can also be sponsored by organizations wishing to advertise to readers of content, such as libraries or educational institutions, since they get an interesting volume of users of the tools. On the other hand, if the contents are raised accumulated in one place (website or blog + cloud storage service, for example) can be created an impressive collection on the central theme of the educator to attract an increasing number of professional readers sponsoring organizations and other educators who work with similar themes to complement the pedagogical body, a virtuous circle.
PUC-RS, Brasil. Website about Continuous Education. Available at http://www3.pucrs.br/portal/page/portal/educon/index/apresentacao/conheca
GASSENFERTH, Walter. Blog Gestão Empresarial em Gotas. Disponível em http://www.quanticaconsultoria.com/nossos-blogs/gestao-empresarial-em-gotas/.
Para saber mais sobre o tema visite o site da Quântica Treinamento Empresarial em http://www.quanticaconsultoria.com